If you are looking for cut out rotary tool, look no further than the DEWALT DW660 Cut-Out 5 Amp 30,000 RPM Rotary Tool. This tool is ideal for professional drywallers, electricians, and carpenters. Even if you are a DIYer who likes to do DIY jobs around the house this tool is perfect for you.
DEWALT DW660 Cut-Out 5 Amp 30,000 RPM Rotary Tool
Dewalt DW660 Heavy-Duty Cut-Out Tool
Read Dewalt 20V cordless sander | dewalt battery powered air compressor
If you’re currently looking for a good cut-out tool, it is important that you take some time to do your research in order to find the best one, otherwise, you may end up settling for something that gives a bad taste in your mouth (something that turns you away from these power tools).
We’re here to give you a head start by introducing you to what we feel is a really good cut-out tool. Have you ever heard of the DEWALT DW660 Cut-Out 5 Amp 30,000 RPM rotary tool? Surely you have heard of the name Dewalt, right? Also, see Dewalt 20V max chainsaw | Best Compact Circular Saw
This is a popular American international brand that makes power and hand tools used throughout the world in woodworking, construction, and even manufacturing industries.
If you’re ready for a good cut-out rotary tool, here’s what you need to know about the DEWALT DW660 Cut-Out 5 Amp 30,000 RPM Rotary Tool…
Dewalt DW660 Main Features
- Motor Sealed – The motor has been sealed, which will help prevent damage that can be caused by falls, dust, and accidents.
- Motor – Responsible for powering this tool, there’s a 5.0 amp motor. A motor of this size is more than enough for most of the DIY projects.
- Compatibility – We really like how this tool is compatible with some other accessories, like the RotoZip blades.
- Adjustable – You can adjust this cutting tool. The adjustment you need to make will all be based on the thickness of the material.
Read Dewalt 20V chainsaw review…
Dewalt DW660 Electric Rotary Cutout Tool Features
This tool right here is mainly used by carpenters, electricians and drywall installers. It is capable of making cuit cutouts in different materials, like tile, plywood and drywall.
The powerful 5.0 amp motor is what originally won us over on this product. Many have said that a 5.0 amp motor makes this tool the most powerful within its field, which would explain why many professionals prefer it. Due to the 30,000 rpm capacity that it offers, cutting through different materials will be easier and faster.
Dewalt DW660 Bits – Spiral Cutting Bits
Are you familiar with those spiral cutting bits? If so, you probably realize that they make cutting a whole lot faster and easier. With the Dewalt cut out tool bits, you can cut through plywood, tile, and drywall, regardless of how you’re cutting it. With the motor, you don’t have to worry about the tool overheating when you’re cutting through the wood that is 1 ½-inch thick.
Dewalt DW660 Specs
- Adjustable Guide: Yes
- Amps: 5.0 Amps
- Collet Diameter: 1/8″, 1/4 in
- No Load Speed: 30,000 rpm
- Power Tool Type: Corded
- Tool Weight: 3.2 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 3.5 lbs
- Spindle Lock: Yes
- Tool Length: 10 inches
- Tool Weight: 3.2 lbs
- Dewalt DW660 dimensions: 11.5 x 5.5 x 3.5 inches
The DW660 Cut-Out Tool has a powerful 5.0 Amp, 30,000 rpm motor with a slim design and durable construction. It features fast and tool-free bit changing and easy operation with the turn-on/bump-off switch.
Dewalt DW660 Cut Out Tool Pros
- Slim – The Dewalt DW660 Electric Rotary Cutout Tool is nice and slim, so we can easily hold it in our hand while keeping it balanced.
- Powerful Motor – The powerful motor is definitely a big hit. The powerful motor makes it suitable for most surfaces.
- Heavy-Duty – The heavy-duty casing is responsible for protecting the motor. So, if you drop it, its chances of breaking are pretty slim.
- Depth Guard – The depth guard is a safety factor that we really like.
- Sealed Motor – the motor is sealed, so you don’t have to worry about dust or wood getting inside of it.
Dewalt DW660 Cons
- Placing the bit isn’t as easy as we’d like it to be, but that’s okay because it’s something we can get used to.
Also, see Dewalt DCF887 combo…
DEWALT DCS551D2 Drywall Cut-Out Tool Kit
Dewalt Cut Out tool Uses
The Dewalt DW660 heavy-duty cut-out tool is a great companion for making it a great tool for professional drywallers, electricians, and carpenters. It can be used to plunge and cut through solid birch, drywall, tile, plywood. Read Dewalt 20V drill review…
Is this tool good enough for cutting into plywood and at what thickness?
“Yes. I cut through 3/4” thick TREATED plywood, which is a really dense and heavy plywood because of all the chemicals in it. Treated plywood also tends to hold more moisture than regular plywood, at times it even feels damp to the touch, and two sheets stacked together with out some kind of divider between them will actually “sweat”. So I really thought I would have had a problem cutting it, but this tool did great. Just make sure you use the cutter that is specifically for wood. With the correct bit you should be able to cut through any thickness of plywood. Hardwood may cause problems if you cut anything thicker than 3/4″…”
Click here to read the rest of the answer!
Dewalt Rotary Tool Accessories
Dewalt Cut Out Tool Cordless
The Dewalt DW660 corded rotary cut-out tool has a matching cordless companion – DEWALT DCS551D2 20V MAX Lithium Ion Cordless Drywall Cutout Tool Kit. The Dewalt cut out tool 20v operating with 2.0ah battery features a 26,000 RPM motor that delivers fast cutting in drywall, acoustical ceiling tiles, plywood, and more. See Dewalt multi tool review…
A tool-free bit change allows for fast & easy bit changing–without a wrench, and the dust-sealed switch protects against dust ingestion for longer tool life. This cutout tool also offers a bright LED light that illuminates dark work surfaces for accurate cutting.
Also see Dewalt DCV581h wet/dry | Dewalt 5 Tool Combo Kit DCK520d2
Conclusion On Dewalt Model # DW660
If you’re looking for a good cut-out tool, then we highly recommend the DEWALT DW660 Cut-Out 5 Amp 30,000 RPM rotary tool for all of the above reasons.